Thursday, November 18, 2010

Brewster's Brewing Company & Restaurant

The other day, MBear and I wanted to meet up for our usual late night chill session, so we decided to grab a bite and a drink at Brewsters. Turns out that the Wednesdays drink special is $1.50 off glasses of wine, which worked for us since we're both avid wine guzzlers. Wait, did I say guzzler? What I meant was, wine LOVER.


I had never heard of any of the wines on the list, so I just went with a Pinot grigio from the States ($5.55 on special) while MBear went for a Malbec ($6.55 on special). The Pinot grigio was nothing special, just a light citrus filled white easy drinker, whereas MBear's Malbec was overly woody.


Since I had already eaten, we picked an appetizer, the Lobster Artichoke Dip ($10.99), to share, while MBear ordered a steak sandwich, since she was craving meat.


Lobster Artichoke Dip

Steak sandwich + fries


The Lobster Artichoke dip was served with white corn tortillas and very cheesy. Now normally I'm not one to complain about cheese, and neither is MBear, but there was something overly creamy about this. On the bright side, it was filled with chunks of artichokes, but I can't say I saw much in terms of lobster (if only -__-;;). Also, there was a layer of tomato salsa underneath that didn't do much for the overall flavor. I probably wouldn't order this again.


MBear described the steak sandwich as "typical," (I didn't check the price unfortunately... ahhhh clearly new to the food blogging world @_@). Although she ordered it rare, it was done medium rare, which was an acceptable mistake, considering how hungry she was (being part ravenous, carnivorous tiger doesn't help either). It was served with whole sauteed button mushrooms, a single onion ring, and your choice of fries, soup, or salad. Toasted garlic bread was used for the sandwich, and she got extra mayo on the side for the fries (but of course!). 


She finished within the blink of an eye, which could be attributed to her being a monster, like me, or to the steak just being too damn small. I will go with the latter hehehe.


Our bill came to about $40 before tip. Perhaps I'm not the biggest pub food fan, so I probably wouldn't go out of my way to come here and eat, however, based on past experiences, their beer is rather tasty (well I suppose it should be seeing as they're a taphouse). If anything I'd definitely recommend coming here for their Raspberry Ale, served with fresh raspberries. Oh, and I guess I'll have to come back to review their wings for the next chapter in WING THROWDOWN!




Brewster's Brewing Company & Restaurant
2335 111 Street
(780) 429-4677
Edmonton, AB
(Other locations available)


Brewsters (South) Brewing Co. on Urbanspoon

2 comments: