Friday, December 31, 2010

Bumblebumblebumbleberry crumble!

I love crumbles... <3


Got this one over the holidays from Superstore's "Farmer's Market" line (hahah I like how the word line can make even a crumble sound "classy" :] ).


The packaging... YA that's right, all 1kg of goodness :D


The ingredients are listed on the border of the box:


"Northern spy apples, rhubarb and 3 berries,  sprinkled with cinnamon and topped with a crunchy sweet crumble."


The top of the pie... upon investigating up close, you can actually see the brown sugar and cinnamon in the crumble mixture!


Served with its soulmate... ICECREAM!!! 


So far this line of pies has not failed to impress. I have tried the apple pie, the blueberry pie, and this bumbleberry crumble, and they're all very good!


The apple they use in this particular crumble maintained its tartness as well as its crisp texture, giving a nice balance to the sweetness of the crumble. As well the acidity of the rhubarb paired well with the juicy berries.


I ate mine heated up and then served with Island Farms vanilla mango swirl icecream... SOOOO GOOD!!! I am craving it as I upload these pics for you guys!




How do you like YOUR pie?
<3 nattycat

4 comments:

  1. i love these pies + pairing it with vanilla ice cream!! i really like their pumpkin pie too but pumpkin pie is either a hit or miss for people because it kinda tastes like baby food lol but i love it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenny, you should try pumpkin pie cheesecake :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello there... ^.^ Visiting you here. I hope we could be good friends. Do you mind if we follow each others blogs? Take care. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my..this looks so good!! I'm drooling looking at your picture alone ;)

    ReplyDelete