Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Work Noms... @Earls!

I rarely order food while working at Earls, because once I start on the bacon/cheese/cream sauce/"all things bad for you but dericious" comfort food binge, it is incredibly difficult for me to stop.

BUT, and that's a big, fat BUT, the other day, one of our bartenders ordered a sandwich made in a NAAN (aka Indian style flatbread) wrap, ya you heard me, NAAN WRAP, so I quickly forgot all inhibitions and jumped on the "who cares, this is dericious!!" band wagon... Okay, so you and I both know that this happens more often than not, but let's just let bygones be bygones, okays?

I rung in a Cajun Chicken Cheddar sandwich, modified as such (ahhaha you know you work too much when...):


CAJUN SAND
 w/ beet/pear salad
Open Mod:
NAAN WRAP
No skin on chicken
Add avocado
Extra lettuce
Add cabbage
No mayo
Sub sriracha mayo

And the final product... DUN DUN DUN...

Cajun Chicken Cheddar Sandwich in a NAAN WRAP!


Nothing short of amazing. (A big thank you to FK who made this gorgeous wrap for me - it is no easy task, since our naan is made fresh to order, stretched out by hand the way it's supposed to be, and difficult to wrap when a fatty like me asks for so much to be wrapped inside.)

The Cajun Chicken Cheddar sandwich is usually made with a Cajun blackened chicken breast (skin on) drizzled with garlic butter, aged cheddar, tomato, lettuce, and mayo on a fresh, house made, toasted foccacia (oven made Italian flat bread).

As I ate this, my assman came over to talk, and his only comment to me happily nomming away was, "I keep looking over expecting to see wrap all over your face, but then I realized it was already gone..."


Up close and personal... this was sososososo good... now I'm craving one again T_T




The Beet Pear Rocket salad doesn't disappoint either! Nutty arugula is tossed in a lemon olive oil dressing, served over oven roasted beets, a goat cheese coulis, with crisp Bartlett pear, and topped with shaved Parmigiano-reggiano. The flavors all come together in the most nommy way, and I'm always secretly smiling when people order this. Available in a starter size and an entree size, recommended with our Parmesan roasted chicken breast for some extra protein!

Beet Pear Rocket Salad

Mid nom - just to show you the creamy goat coulis, ruby red beets, and light olive oil dressing....


What a yummy way to end the day!
^________^"


4 comments:

  1. hmmmmm seems like a lot of noms noms noms!!!! Famished~

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmmhhh hungry!
    HI! my name's martina and your blog is wonderful!
    I'd like you visit my blog and if you want...follow me! ^^
    I wait you and your tips! kiss kiss
    marti
    Glamour Marmalade

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg.. DROOOOOOOOl... that looks SOOO good! NOM NOM NOM!

    Merry Xmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. mımmmissss ooo harika.blog beautiful.yemekler harika.lovels blog.thanks.kısses

    ReplyDelete